POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Computer bug (WIP) : Computer bug (WIP) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Computer bug (WIP)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 18 Aug 2009 04:18:03
Message: <4a8a63bb@news.povray.org>
Hi All:

      I was recently playing with Eagle3D, trying to enhance the texturing and
lighting. Eagle3D comes with an extensive and very good library of
electronic parts, and it does a very good job translating an Eagle board
into a POV-Ray scene, but the default setup is somewhat boring, and the
textures of most components are a bit simplistic.

      I changed the confusing lights setup by a simple HDRI map, then enhanced
the textures of the parts used on this example board (modsmega.brd), and the
result was really nice.

      Nice, but a bit lifeless, so I modeled a spider with Wings3d and placed
it there. It still needs more work, specially the head part... I modeled it
without looking closely to real spiders, as I wanted something quick just to
test the idea.

      Regards,

P.S.: MegaPOV 1.2.1, 10h at 1600x1200, then resized down to 800x600 to clean
DOF artifacts.

P.S.S.: Focal Blur Wars can start now... ;)

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: